POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : IMBJR Flood : Re: IMBJR Flood Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IMBJR Flood
From: Ken
Date: 27 Aug 2000 00:21:33
Message: <39A896A3.3827E31D@pacbell.net>
IMBJR wrote:

> Chris Huff wrote in message ...
> >In article <39a83b6d@news.povray.org>, "IMBJR" <imb### [at] imbjrcom> wrote:
> >
> >> True, but I prefer the Usenet aproach to exhibition. I treat my
> >> website as an archive of my best work.
> >
> >This isn't Usenet. :-)
>
> Mmm, it is because it works by the NTTP protocol - which makes it usenet.
>
> >This news server (news.povray.org) is a private server. With luck,
>
> It's not private, you don't even need an account to access it. It is a
> public news server that is a part of Usenet.

I can assure you that both Chris H. and I are intimately familiar with
this news server and I can say without reservation that it is in no
way associated with USENET in any way, shape, or form. It is privately
funded, owned, and operated by a member for the POV-Team who will not
under any circumstances allow it to be connected to USENET by any means
possible. This how they manage to keep news-bots and spammers out of
here. You will notice, if you take the time to look, that the majority
of people that post here do so with their real names and e-mail addresses
because they know that it is a private server that is not used as a
collection point for spammers and address collectors.